> On Sep 1, 2020, at 2:07 AM, Serban Iordache <serban.iorda...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Not sure if it was clear from my previous messages, but what I am asking for
> is that the environment variables are expanded with the values they have on
> the user's machine (not on the machine where jpackage has been executed).

It might be better at this point for the developers to respond.

However, I believe on probably all platforms these options are included in a
.cfg file that is bundled with the application. It is set at build time and not
in anyway dynamic at runtime. Unless maybe you had some pre-launch process that
modified that .cfg file?

On OS X I believe true application environment variables can be set in the
Info.plist file, LSEnvironment entries if I remember correctly. A fork of the
javapackager tool previously used in association with JavaFX was
recently.mentioned on that list (JavaFX). I saw it included support for the
PATH environment variable. On OS X using LSEnvironment as mentioned. I didn’t
see this on the jpackage —help and wondered if any such support was currently
included in jpackage.

It is a valid point I was overlooking that some of this might be user dependent
and changes to PATH or other environment variables might not be valid for all
users unless care was taken. Again, difficult to take care with everything set
at build time.