> On Sep 3, 2020, at 8:55 AM, Michael Hall <mik3h...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

>> On Sep 3, 2020, at 7:12 AM, Scott Palmer <swpal...@gmail.com
>> <mailto:swpal...@gmail.com>> wrote:

>>> Yes for Serban’s thread. Which was already shown not to work OS X on the
>>> users machine because user environment variables aren’t passed to
>>> applications.
>>
>> As I mentioned earlier, launchctl must be used to set environment variables
>> that you want passed to GUI applications.
>
> This is not how I’ve done it before. I did a little googling and it seemed to
> indicate launchctl could somehow be used for ‘global’ environment variables.
> It didn’t sound application specific.

Right it isn’t application specific.  If you need a separate environment for
your application, that wouldn’t work.  But if you are passing parameters that
are specific to the application launcher, why use environment variables at all?

> The incident mentioned earlier showed a resolution of having the user provide
> their own custom Info.plist.

Just use a config file that can be platform independent.  Modifying the
Info.plist for each specific install smells wrong.

Scott