On Mon, 3 May 2021 13:16:06 GMT, Jaroslav Bachorik <jbacho...@openjdk.org>
wrote:

>> With this change it becomes possible to surface various cgroup level metrics
>> (available via `jdk.internal.platform.Metrics`) as JFR events.
>>
>> Only a subset of the metrics exposed by `jdk.internal.platform.Metrics` is
>> turned into JFR events to start with.
>> * CPU related metrics
>> * Memory related metrics
>> * I/O related metrics
>>
>> For each of those subsystems a configuration data will be emitted as well.
>> The initial proposal is to emit the configuration data events at least once
>> per chunk and the metrics values at 30 seconds interval.
>> By using these values the emitted events seem to contain useful information
>> without increasing overhead (the metrics values are read from `/proc`
>> filesystem so that should not be done too frequently).
>
> Jaroslav Bachorik has updated the pull request with a new target base due to
> a merge or a rebase. The pull request now contains 10 commits:
>
>  - Small fixes
>  - Remove trailing spaces
>  - Doh
>  - Report container type and register events conditionally
>  - Remove unused test files
>  - Initial test support for JFR container events
>  - Update the JFR control files
>  - Split off the CPU throttling metrics
>  - Formatting spaces
>  - 8203359: Container level resources events

Changes requested by sgehwolf (Reviewer).

src/jdk.jfr/share/classes/jdk/jfr/events/ContainerMemoryUsageEvent.java line 48:

> 46:     @Description("(attempts per second * 1000), if enabled, that the
> operating system tries to satisfy a memory request for any " +
> 47:                  "process in the current container when no free memory is
> readily available.")
> 48:     public double memoryPressure;

Should this `memoryPressure` field go from `ContainerMemoryUsageEvent` class?
It's not set anywhere is it? would be cgroup v1 only api so I'm not sure it
should be there for a generic event like this.