On Fri, 15 Oct 2021 17:19:26 GMT, Daniel Fuchs <dfu...@openjdk.org> wrote:

>> Aleksei Efimov has updated the pull request incrementally with two
>> additional commits since the last revision:
>>
>>  - Add @since tags to new API classes
>>  - Add checks and test for empty stream resolver results
>
> test/lib/jdk/test/lib/net/IPSupport.java line 88:
>
>> 86:             } catch (SocketException se2) {
>> 87:                 return false;
>> 88:             }
>
> The implementation of this method now conflicts with its name. Maybe we
> should pass a `Class<? extends InetAddress>`  as parameter, and construct the
> loopback address from there. IIRC the issue with the original implementation
> was that it would say that IPv6 was not supported if IPv6 had only been
> disabled on the loopback interface - and that caused trouble because the
> native implementation of the built-in resolver had a different view of the
> situation - and saw that an IPv6 stack was available on the machine. Maybe
> this would deserve a comment too - so that future maintainers can figure out
> what we are trying to do here.

Thanks for a good suggestion: renamed to `isSupported`, changed parameter type
to `Class<? extends InetAddress> addressType` and updated it to use
`SocketChannel.open(ProtocolFamily pf)`
[API](https://docs.oracle.com/en/java/javase/17/docs/api/java.base/java/nio/channels/SocketChannel.html#open(java.net.ProtocolFamily))
 added in `15` to check if the plafrom supports addresses of specified address
type. Pushed as 95a21e57fbe8be147d23e6a6901ae307e8237cbb.
All new tests (especially `LookupPolicyMappingTest`) pass in environment with
`IPv6` addresses disabled.