On Thu, 11 Nov 2021 11:51:31 GMT, Lance Andersen <lan...@openjdk.org> wrote:

>> src/java.base/share/classes/java/util/zip/ZipFile.java line 1642:
>>
>>> 1640:                                 && entry.startsWith(name) &&
>>> 1641:                                 entry.charAt(entryLen - 1) == '/') {
>>> 1642:                             // Now check for a match with a trailing
>>> slash
>>
>> Hello Lance,
>> Is this a typo in that comment? Should it instead say "... without a
>> trailing slash"?
>
> Hi Jaikiran,
>
> The comment is correct

Thank you for that clarification.  The "addSlash" param being "false" in the
call below that comment is what made me think that the comment had a typo. I
read that code in a bit more detail now and I see what that comment means. It
essentially says that it's now issuing a call to find a entry position (if it
exists) for the name ending with a "/" character.