On Thu, 11 Nov 2021 12:25:38 GMT, Jaikiran Pai <j...@openjdk.org> wrote:

>> Hi Jaikiran,
>>
>> The comment is correct
>
> Thank you for that clarification.  The "addSlash" param being "false" in the
> call below that comment is what made me think that the comment had a typo. I
> read that code in a bit more detail now and I see what that comment means. It
> essentially says that it's now issuing a call to find a entry position (if it
> exists) for the name ending with a "/" character.

The comment is a bit too fuzzy. What's happening here is we searched for `foo`
and found a match for `foo/` - but we can't be sure there's no exact entry
`foo` later on in the hash bucket, so we (somewhat inefficiently) redo the
search for `foo` without the trailing slash parameter.

I suggest clarifying to something like this:
```  // name + "/" entry found, keep looking for and prefer an entry which
exactly matches name```