On Thu, 24 Feb 2022 18:51:08 GMT, Roger Riggs <rri...@openjdk.org> wrote:

>> Ichiroh Takiguchi has updated the pull request incrementally with one
>> additional commit since the last revision:
>>
>>   Add null check
>
> The piece I was missing is that the HotSpot AIX specific code, computes and
> sets LIBPATH based on
> the path to the java executable.  This computed LIBPATH value is set in the
> environment unless
> it is overridden by an existing LIBPATH in the environment.
>
> The test cases that failed, do not supply a value for LIBPATH so the launcher
> provided value is inserted
> and thereafter reported as the environment from the child process.
>
> Since both of these tests are testing a different condition not related to
> LIBPATH,
> the presence/accuracy of LIBPATH is not the point of the test.
>
> The current solution to remove `test.nativepath` works and is ok by me.
>
> (The alternative used by #7581, to include LIBPATH in the environment when
> launching might be slightly more robust to future changes.)
>
> Thanks for the followup.

> Thanks @RogerRiggs and @tstuefe . I appreciate your deeper investigations.
> Could you give me some advice on what to do next?

Hi @takiguc,

My preference would be to spawn `sh -c env` instead of java, since it removes
all need for second-guessing what the java child does with the environment
(java modifies the environment and also conceivably System.getenv() may lie to
us at some point in the future since it seems a convenient way to filter
environment variables for java programs). That is if my reasoning was correct
in the first place.

But I do not have a strong preference and defer to Roger and Tyler.

Cheers, Thomas