On Wed, 23 Feb 2022 18:49:22 GMT, Ichiroh Takiguchi <itakigu...@openjdk.org>
wrote:

>> Run jtreg:jdk/java/lang/ProcessBuilder/Basic.java on AIX.
>> The test was failed by:
>>   Incorrect handling of envstrings containing NULs
>>
>> According to my investigation, this issue was happened after following
>> change was applied.
>> JDK-8272600: (test) Use native "sleep" in Basic.java
>>
>> test.nativepath value was added into AIX's LIBPATH during running this
>> testcase.
>> On AIX, test.nativepath value should be removed from LIBPATH value before
>> comparing the values.
>
> Ichiroh Takiguchi has updated the pull request incrementally with one
>
>   Add null check

I admit I'm confused about this issue.

When exactly is jtreg modifying LIBPATH of the parent process? Between
initializing the final static `libpath` variable and when we build the
"expected" String at line 1361? Or after we built the expected String, when the
child is spawned?

If its the former, then the issue is that `libpath` is just outdated when we
get around to use it? In that case, why not just re-aquiring LIBPATH when
building up `expected`?

Sorry, I just try to understand the issue. Thanks!