Sure, there are the x86 intrinsics. But since JEP 306 was delivered, is
this still valid? The Motivation section of the JEP 306 seems to imply that
this is not the case anymore. Of course, I could just be grossly
misunderstanding what is/was JEP 306 and/or to which depth it meant by
"restore always-strict floating-point semantics", but I don't think that I
am the only one out there.