On Mon, 9 May 2022 18:59:43 GMT, Naoto Sato <na...@openjdk.org> wrote:

> This is to extend the `Custom ID`s in `java.util.TimeZone` class to support
> second-level resolution, enabling round trips with `java.time.ZoneOffset`s.
> Corresponding CSR is also being drafted.

src/java.base/share/classes/java/util/TimeZone.java line 543:

> 541:             return new ZoneInfo(totalSecs == 0 ? "UTC" : GMT_ID + tzid,
> totalSecs);
> 542:         } else {
> 543:             return getTimeZone(tzid, true);

Before the change in this PR, we used to prefix `GMT` to (non-custom timezone
ids) if the timezone id returned by `ZoneId#getId()` started with the `+` or
`-` sign, before calling `getTimeZone(modifiedTzid, true)`.
With this change, for `ZoneId`s that aren't `ZoneOffset` instance, we now call
`getTimeZone(originalTzid, true)`, without first checking/prefixing the id with
`GMT`. Is that an intentional change and would that potentially cause
`getTimeZone(String, boolean)` to return a different result?