On Wed, 6 Jul 2022 08:24:21 GMT, Christian Stein <cst...@openjdk.org> wrote:

> Please review the change to update to using jtreg 7.
>
> The primary change is to the `jib-profiles.js` file, which specifies the
> version of jtreg to use, for those systems that rely on this file. In
> addition, the `requiredVersion` has been updated in the various `TEST.ROOT`
> files.

No. I'll mark this PR ready for review when all tiers ran successfully.

Besides the usual bug fixes, updates, and minor improvements (see [changes
since jtreg
6.2](https://github.com/openjdk/jtreg/compare/jtreg-6.2+1...jtreg-7+1)) the
sole major new feature of jtreg 7 is:
- Run tests annotated with `@run junit` via JUnit Platform's Launcher (version
`1.8.2`). This enables writing tests using the Jupiter API (version `5.8.2`) in
addition to writing and running JUnit 4-based tests.

The change in `junit.java` will be superseded by
https://github.com/openjdk/jdk/pull/9944 which deletes that file.