On Thu, 14 Sep 2023 17:06:53 GMT, Mandy Chung <mch...@openjdk.org> wrote:

> A trivial fix.   [JDK-8285447](https://bugs.openjdk.org/browse/JDK-8285447)
> intends to change the initial batch size only for a stack walker with an
> estimated stack depth. For stack walkers without user-supplied estimated
> stack depth, the initial batch size is changed to 3 which is a bug.  This
> causes the stack walker to fetch the second batch after walking 2 frames.

src/java.base/share/classes/java/lang/StackStreamFactory.java line 544:

> 542:                 return walker.estimateDepth() == 0
> 543:                         ? SMALL_BATCH
> 544:                         : Math.min(walker.estimateDepth() +
> RESERVED_ELEMENTS, LARGE_BATCH_SIZE);

Without the
`Math.max(walker.estimateDepth()+RESERVED_ELEMENTS, MIN_BATCH_SIZE)`
for estimateDepth = 1, I believe this will now return 2, where previously it
returned 3.
Is that OK?

PR Review Comment: https://git.openjdk.org/jdk/pull/15749#discussion_r1326495665