On Wed, 8 Nov 2023 05:34:47 GMT, Erik Gahlin <egah...@openjdk.org> wrote:

>> src/java.base/share/classes/jdk/internal/event/ThrowableTracer.java line 62:
>>
>>> 60:         if (ExceptionThrownEvent.enabled()) {
>>> 61:             long timestamp = ExceptionThrownEvent.timestamp();
>>> 62:             ExceptionThrownEvent.commit(timestamp, message, clazz);
>>
>> Just a drive-by observation, but now you get the timestamp from the event it
>> seems strange to pull it out and then pass it back to commit, instead of
>> having a version of commit that automatically uses the internal timestamp.
>
> I agree, and I have looked into it, but I think it's better to do that
> refactorization separately as it will impact other events.

Just for my own understanding: in this particular case the time stamp is
meaningless because the duration is expected to be 0 (or close to it) since
nothing happens between the time the timestamp is taken and the time the event
is committed. Is that correct?

PR Review Comment: https://git.openjdk.org/jdk/pull/16493#discussion_r1386635624