On Thu, 14 Dec 2023 10:13:31 GMT, Eirik Bjorsnos <d...@openjdk.org> wrote:

> The scope of this PR has now expanded to removing uses of the `input.zip` and
> `input.jar` files, updating any test using them to produce their own test
> vectors, and convert affected tests to JUnit.
>
> I'm marking the PR ready for review again. Before looking too closely at the
> code, it would be useful to discuss the following tests:
>
> * `Available.java`: This test has no jtreg header. I've added one and
> converted the test. Is this worthwhile, or should we rather remove it?

This could be moved into ReadZip.  I do not believe we have a specific test and
it is trivial

> * `CopyJar.java`: The concern tested seems to have superior coverage in the
> test `zip/CopyZipFile.java`. Should we retire `CopyJar.java` instead of
> coverting it?

Yes CopyZipFile already exercises Zipfile.ZipInputStream so it is safe to
retire CopyJar (though CopyZipFile could use a junit conversion ;-)
> * `DirEntry.java`: There is duplication between this test and
> `ReadZip.readDirectoryEntry()`. Should we retire one of these?

I believe you meant GetDirEntry.java not DirEntry.java?

Having a test that specifically validates we can read META-INF is not a bad
thing, but I suspect we have a test that already does that if not in the
java/util/zip tests or java/util/jar tests.  If not we should keep it but merge
it as you suggest

PR Comment: https://git.openjdk.org/jdk/pull/17038#issuecomment-1855690222