>>> 55:     @IntrinsicCandidate
>>> 56:     public static boolean isCompileConstant(boolean expr) {
>>
>> Here and in other places: probably not `expr`, but just `val` or something?
>
> I think of this as an expression that is always evaluated to the same value.
> The value itself is not interesting, it is the set of values that this
> expression can take that we are talking about.

This seems really weird to me for Java code. The method doesn't get the
original "expression" it only gets the value of that expression after it has
been evaluated. Is there some kind of weird "magic" happening here?

PR Review Comment: https://git.openjdk.org/jdk/pull/17527#discussion_r1464361310