On Thu, 22 Feb 2024 16:01:19 GMT, Matthias Baesken <mbaes...@openjdk.org> wrote:

>> Currently assertEquals has in the failure case sometimes confusing output
>> like :
>>
>> java.lang.RuntimeException: VM output should contain exactly one RTM locking
>> statistics entry for method
>> compiler.rtm.locking.TestRTMTotalCountIncrRate$Test:🔒 expected 0 to equal 1
>>        at jdk.test.lib.Asserts.fail(Asserts.java:634)
>>        at jdk.test.lib.Asserts.assertEquals(Asserts.java:205)
>>
>> (I don't think we really expected that for some reason 0 equals 1)
>> This should be improved.
>
> Matthias Baesken has updated the pull request incrementally with one
>
>   assertEquals adjust output

Does "expected 0 to equal 1" really cause that much consternation? I just read
it as "expected 0 to be equal to 1".

Aren't there existing test libraries that already "standardise" these kinds of
utilities that we can emulate? testng? junit?

PR Comment: https://git.openjdk.org/jdk/pull/17952#issuecomment-1963396567