On Wed, 1 May 2024 20:12:33 GMT, Naoto Sato <na...@openjdk.org> wrote:

>> Justin Lu has updated the pull request incrementally with one additional
>> commit since the last revision:
>>
>>   Reflect review comments
>
> test/jdk/java/util/Base64/TestEncodingDecodingLength.java line 75:
>
>> 73:         } catch (InvocationTargetException ex) {
>> 74:             Throwable rootEx = ex.getCause();
>> 75:             assertEquals(OutOfMemoryError.class, rootEx.getClass(),
>> "00ME should be thrown");
>
> Sorry if it is intentional, but I wonder if you meant "OOME" instead of
> "00ME" here?

Good catch, you sometimes see what you want to see

> test/jdk/java/util/Base64/TestEncodingDecodingLength.java line 100:
>
>> 98:             m.invoke(DECODER, src, -LARGE_MEM_SIZE + 1, 1);
>> 99:         } catch (InvocationTargetException ex) {
>> 100:             fail("Decode should neither throw NASE or OOME: " +
>> ex.getCause());
>
> Should we check the cause is either NASE or OOME here?

The original test just validated there was no exception thrown, so I think we
can just update the message to indicate an unexpected Exception.

I had added this as a comment but must have missed hitting the comment button

PR Review Comment: https://git.openjdk.org/jdk/pull/19036#discussion_r1586789013
PR Review Comment: https://git.openjdk.org/jdk/pull/19036#discussion_r1586788635