On Wed, 19 Aug 2026 17:06:15 GMT, Jaikiran Pai <[email protected]> wrote:
>> Can I please get a review of this doc-only change which updates the text in >> the `jar --help` output as well as the `jar` man page to clarify the usage >> of the `-C` option? >> >> As noted in https://bugs.openjdk.org/browse/JDK-8390615, the current >> examples in the `jar --help` can cause confusion on the expectations of the >> `-C` option. The updated text in the man page will also address a related >> issue noted in https://bugs.openjdk.org/browse/JDK-8389482. >> >> While at it, trivial adjustment to the text in `jar --help` and `jar` man >> page has been done to use "JAR" (instead of "jar") whenever referencing to a >> JAR file. >> >> I've run manual experiments to verify that these commands now work as >> described. >> >> --------- >> - [x] I confirm that I make this contribution in accordance with the >> [OpenJDK Interim AI Policy](https://openjdk.org/legal/ai). > > Jaikiran Pai has updated the pull request incrementally with one additional > commit since the last revision: > > additional adjustments A minor, drive-by observation: `-C` does not say that if used in extract mode and the specified directory does not exist, it will be created. ------------- PR Comment: https://git.openjdk.org/jdk/pull/32439#issuecomment-5714029206
