On Fri, 25 Sep 2026 22:21:34 GMT, Justin Lu <[email protected]> wrote:

>> Simplify the system TimeZone retrieval.
>> 
>> The new code behaves just as before in the most common case where 
>> `GetDynamicTimeZoneInformation` returns a known `TimeZoneKeyName`, and 
>> reduces the amount of second-guessing when the time zone is not known.
>> 
>> Method `getGMTOffsetID` was not modified. It is only used as a fallback when 
>> `findJavaTZ_md` fails, and while it doesn't look great, it's probably better 
>> than most of the alternatives.
>> 
>> I verified that:
>> - the `TimeZoneKeyName` contains non-localized values and is usable on both 
>> English and non-English systems,
>> - tier1 and tier2 tests continue to pass
>> - java/time tests continue to pass when the fallback paths are taken 
>> (`findJavaTZ_md` returns a `customZoneName` or a `NULL`)
>> 
>> ---------
>> - [x] I confirm that I make this contribution in accordance with the 
>> [OpenJDK Interim AI Policy](https://openjdk.org/legal/ai).
>
> src/java.base/windows/native/libjava/TimeZone_md.c line 219:
> 
>> 217: 
>> 218:     /*
>> 219:      * If DynamicDaylightTime is disabled or TimeZoneKeyName is unknown,
> 
> I'd also clarify this comment to mention the third case when there is no 
> match found in the tzmappings as indicated by the return value of 
> `matchJavaTZ`.

Will do.

-------------

PR Review Comment: https://git.openjdk.org/jdk/pull/33052#discussion_r4120307768

Reply via email to