Just wanted to follow up regarding this. As per the work-around the Douglas
Scott suggested below, I've implemented this successfully in my app and it
is working without issues.

For those who are unaware (as I was), the 'errno' value can simply be set
directly. By updating the "errno" value to 0 after a failed call,
subsequent calls to 'MusicSequenceFileLoad' generate a successful response.
Therefore, I've amended my code as follows:

OSStatus statusOfInitialAttempt =
CheckError(MusicSequenceFileLoad(self.masterMidiMusicSequence,
(__bridge CFURLRef)midiFileURL, 0, 0), "MusicSequenceFileLoad");if
(statusOfInitialAttempt == -1) {
    errno = 0;

    OSStatus statusOfSecondAttempt =
CheckErrorAndReturnOnFailure(MusicSequenceFileLoad(self.masterMidiMusicSequence,
(__bridge CFURLRef)midiFileURL, 0, 0), "MusicSequenceFileLoad");

    if (statusOfSecondAttempt == -1) {
        // Handle error case
    }}

Thanks Douglas for your help with this!