I have tried booting with multiple gentoo kernels but every time it either hangs on amd_pmu_init ("amd performance counters") with a stack trace or simply black screens and reboots quickly.

Other distros (fedora, opensuse) work fine.

I have tried coreboot 4.5 and the git version but neither work.

I would post this on the gentoo forum but it seems like a coreboot problem instead as the same kernels work fine on other machines.

Any ideas? This happens with both the LiveCD/USB kernel (-nofb doesn't change anything either) and the deblobbed hardened kernel.

+ (if anyone knows) How come I have to run fancontrol/pwmconfig to get the fans to slow down? The proprietary bios had the same issue until I found an option for "whisper" fan control mode.