On 04/30/2017 08:05 AM, BogDan Vatra wrote:

Hi,

I'd like to build desktop/workstation for my personal use (lots of
compilations + of course gaming on linux)
I bought 2 x 6276 CPUs and a KGPE-D16, eprom programmer, etc. now I'm
looking to buy some RAM.
My goal is to have a quad channel 64Gb and because I looking for a
desktop/workstation I think the best choice will be ECC UDIMMs and not
RDIMMs.
Will coreboot support 8 x 8Gb DDR3 UDIMMs 1600Mhz? If yes, there are
any recommended brands/product series?
If not, then what is the best option for achieving my goal?

Thanks!

Yours,
BogDan.

RDIMM's are generally cheaper as ECC UDIMM's are rare, and it doesn't matter what brands or w/e you use AFAIK - I have never had problems with mismatched ebay sticks.

If you want to play games on higher settings that can't utilize 16 cores you will have to get a better CPU, like a 6328, 6386SE or 6287SE. Something cool you can do with this too is play yours in a VM like me with an attached graphics card.
I would do a 6328 and a 6386SE combo with the first used for games.

If you want 1600mhz you need 63xx CPU's I believe.