> what support does it need?

Intel Virtualization Technology for Directed I/O" (VT-d). VT-d is a
virtualized IOMMU, so by using HYP type 1 there should be a VT-d driver
supporting VT-d HW extension (?), as my best understanding is

The practical implications are Graphics and Network Connectivity in Guests.
DMA Remapping is the feature of VT-d.

Good net pointer to read: https://unix.stackexchange.com/questions/34428/do-
virtualbox-or-vmware-use-the-intel-vt-d-feature

> Is anybody working on this?

Don't think so... If anything is done, I guess, it is done by simplistic
implementation of the feature called: pass-through (so guest by its own
drivers is using directly platform devices' HW bypassing HYP1, my best
guess).

Zoran