> On 05-Jun-2017, at 10:19 PM, ron minnich <rminn...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> The reason I ask about what you need is that on chromebooks the main coreboot
> support came down to 'don't disable anything’.

I think its can’t just be disabled. Its just that kernel is not given any
knowledge about its existence. This is what I want to know. The commercial
BIOSes give an option of “enable VT-d” support. What do they do when this
option is selected? Can this be implemented in Coreboot? This probably brings
me to your next question of what is required. I would spend some time to figure
that out.

> The DMAR requirements are not met on all platforms. But even after boot you
> can insert DMAR tables into kernels.
>
> So there is a key distinction between required support and desired support,
> and I wonder if you could figure out what is required and let us know what it
> is.

BTW, Do we have core boot tested on Intel’s Atom based C3xxx family SoCs?