On Tue, March 6, 2018 1:58 am, Gregg Levine wrote:
> Hello!
> That's a great reason right there. Who knows how much they contributed
> to the state of the art, and did not properly sign it. But in the end while
> their world was collapsing around them, we knew who they were via Groklaw.
>  -----
> Gregg C Levine gregg.drw...@gmail.com
> "This signature fought the Time Wars, time and again."
>

> On Mon, Mar 5, 2018 at 8:50 PM, David Hendricks
> <david.hendri...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

>> On Mon, Mar 5, 2018 at 1:13 PM, taii...@gmx.com <taii...@gmx.com>
>> wrote:
>>

>>> I can't understand as to why doing a git commit requires your "real"
>>> name
>>

>> SCO.
>>

>> Ref: https://lkml.org/lkml/2004/5/23/10

Could some type of asset-less legal entity be set up (cheaply,
anonymously) somewhere in the world to accept anonymous code donations and
commit them on behalf of their submitter? Would shield open source
projects from frivolous lawsuits and protect contributors' privacy.
Apologies if this has already all been discussed thoroughly somewhere else...