On 06.03.2018 09:13, awokd via coreboot wrote:
> On Tue, March 6, 2018 1:58 am, Gregg Levine wrote:
>> That's a great reason right there. Who knows how much they contributed
>> to the state of the art, and did not properly sign it. But in the end while
>> their world was collapsing around them, we knew who they were via Groklaw.
>>

>> On Mon, Mar 5, 2018 at 8:50 PM, David Hendricks
>> <david.hendri...@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> SCO.
>>>
>>> Ref: https://lkml.org/lkml/2004/5/23/10
> Could some type of asset-less legal entity be set up (cheaply,
> anonymously) somewhere in the world to accept anonymous code donations and
> commit them on behalf of their submitter? Would shield open source
> projects from frivolous lawsuits and protect contributors' privacy.
> Apologies if this has already all been discussed thoroughly somewhere else...

You're suggesting to set up a corporation. Your model would be almost
the code equivalent to a patent troll, a non-practicing entity set up
for lawsuit purposes.

Besides that, any project knowingly accepting code from an entity known
for questionable provenance of submitted code would itself become an
easy target for lawsuits.

Regards,
Carl-Daniel