On Sat, Jan 26, 2019 at 03:54:18PM -0500, taii...@gmx.com wrote:
> On 01/12/2019 03:48 AM, espionage...@posteo.net wrote:
> I also suggest obtaining:
> FLR supporting SAS card as they are quite cheap right now on fleabay
> either a $30 PIKE2008 to fit in the weird slot on the bottom or a $20
> LSI SAS 9285 for the third PCI-e slot (On the D8 you can use the PIKE
> slot or the third PCI-e slot but not both)
> ASMB4 or ASMB5 module as they are hard to find, there is some on fleabay
> for around $30 atm.

FYI I would caution against trying to use the PIKE slot on KCMA-D8, I
tried using a PIKE2008 in it but could never get it to enumerate
properly i.e. the card is detected by coreboot and Linux but it
doesn't get any addresses assigned to it by the kernel rendering it
unusable.

I use this card in a KGPE-D16 now so it's not the card that's broken,
could be that something was wrong with my D8. Regardless I tried to
bisect this back to when D8 support was initially introduced in
coreboot and as far as I could tell the PIKE slot never worked on D8.

@Taiidan have you ever actually seen (or head of) the PIKE slot
working on D8?

--Daniel