On 26.02.19 20:16, ron minnich wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 26, 2019 at 6:41 AM Patrick Rudolph
> <patrick.rudo...@9elements.com> wrote:
>>
>> Hi coreboot folks,
>> in order to support TEE like Intel TXT it is necessary to be able to
>> clear all DRAM at boot on request.
>>
>> As all of the x86 coreboot code is x86_32, it is necessary to make use
>> of PAE to clear memory.
>
> I would much rather we consider getting into the current century and
> having coreboot be able to
> run x86_64 :-)>
> can we do that?

Would be a lot easier if coreboot were open source on x86. But it's
still doable, even in the presence of 32-bit blobs.

Though, as it seems, we allow blobs to call into coreboot code now. This
means we wouldn't only have to wrap calls into a 32-bit blob, we'd also
have to wrap everything that may be called by the blob.

Cheers!
Nico