On 12.09.19 18:42, Patrick Georgi wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 12, 2019 at 07:20:49PM +0300, Kyösti Mälkki wrote:
>> Would "some people" or these "advocates" be willing to elaborate?
> I CC'd Nico and Martin because I seem to remember that we talked
> about AGESA (and its quality and/or life cycle). Nico, for example,
> seems to advocate scrapping AGESA to replace it with a rewrite ;-)

Ah, yes. I might have said something. When talking about AGESA ports,
I most probably meant the hook-up in coreboot, not the vendorcode/.
I usually don't look at the latter.

I would love to see a clean rewrite and assume that I proposed this
when somebody asked what could/should be done. However, I don't see
it as a requirement. Also, we have much more worrisome code in the
tree (e.g. KGPE-D16 and surrounding code, suffering from undefined
behavior, #including of .c files etc.).

Nico