Dear coreboot folks,

Am 02.10.20 um 10:34 schrieb Paul Menzel:

Am 02.10.20 um 00:50 schrieb Paul Menzel:

I am trying to finish the port for the Asus F2A85-M Pro (variant of Asus F2A85-M). After getting the serial console working [1], it can be seen, that accessing `DMA1_RESET_REG` in `isa_dma_init()` hangs the system [2].

     outb(0, DMA1_RESET_REG);

Commenting this out, coreboot runs through and loads the payload. SeaBIOS has similar code, also hanging the system.

     // first reset the DMA controllers
     outb(0, PORT_DMA1_MASTER_CLEAR);

I am at a loss. If you have an idea, how to fix it, I am all ears.

Please find the serial console log attached.

As the board booted in the past, I found regression note of Denis, the creator of the variant, in the board status repository [3], which was off by one commit.

ust a note, that this caused a regression [1]. Denis had already reported the regression in the board status repository, but was one commit off [2].

Commit 2f8192bc6b (asus/f2a85m_pro: Fix superio type in devicetree) fixed the devicetree, so that the NCT 6779D operations are now actually included, but, as that devicetree configuration was incorrect before, it now causes the hang.

Reverting this commit here on top of master and, to fix the build error about the now caught devicetree error, reverting commit b2a10f8264 (devicetree: Remove weak declarations for ops), Ifb783e2f733d5c65c615e5c1879e3e4c7a83e049 [3], gets rid of the hang.

I’ll try to figure out, what is wrong with the Super I/O settings in the devicetree. Removing the devicetree Super I/O configuration already gets rid of the hang, but causes other problems. Help is appreciated.

Kind regards,

Paul

[1]: https://review.coreboot.org/c/coreboot/+/39371/
[2]: https://review.coreboot.org/c/coreboot/+/39377/