On 2019-08-13 11:45 p.m., Bernhard Voelker wrote:
On 8/13/19 8:10 PM, Bernhard Voelker wrote:
I'd only like to see following additional changes:

- make the script callable from an arbitrary directory, i.e.,
   make the file name of the patches relative to the script, and

- mention to adjust MANPATH (because that also works with the
   common directory: 'man df-8.23').

WDYT?

... and we need to make
   sc_prohibit_tab_based_indentation and
   sc_long_lines
happy again.

(BTW: The latter would alternatively be fixed if the patches would
be named *.diff instead of *.patch.)

Thanks again for the review and improvements.

Pushed here with your suggestions (+ very minor script changes):
  http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/coreutils.git/commit/?id=b8609c7cf

-assaf

P.S.
We can still add a new web page (echoing the README.older-versions)
to the coreutils website, to ease finding this information via a search engine - WDYT ?