On 9/25/19 2:46 PM, Peng Yu wrote:
If python can have pyuca that works across platform, why such thing can not
have at C level?

Please don't top-post on technical lists.

It _can_ happen, but only if someone takes the time to contribute a patch (in this case, I already suggested that a gnulib replacement for locale would be the only way we could get platform-independent locale definitions). And it's much harder than you think, which is why no one has wanted to do such a patch.

All other locales are somewhat vendor-dependent; as you've discovered,
your vendor (Apple) has a rather gaping hole in their locale support.
But because Apple is a closed-source shop, it will have to be Apple that
fixes their bug, unless you want to take on the gargantuan task of
writing a gnulib module that provides locale tables to mirror glibc for
use on non-glibc machines.

--
Eric Blake, Principal Software Engineer
Red Hat, Inc.           +1-919-301-3226