I would not do the private range version below if you are going to publish
in FIDO docs.  This is really meant for completely closed and experimental
and not for any public standards use.

From: COSE [mailto:cose-boun...@ietf.org] On Behalf Of Laurence Lundblade
Sent: Tuesday, February 13, 2018 9:36 AM
To: Yuriy Ackermann <yu...@fidoalliance.org>
Cc: cose@ietf.org
Subject: Re: [COSE] Adding secp256k1

Hi Yuri,

The COSE specification probably should not change to accommodate this. The
IANA COSE algorithm registry should be used instead.

There are several options:

- Write a standards track IETF document and get it set in the
<https://www.iana.org/assignments/cose/cose.xhtml>  IANA COSE registry.

- Write a specification (presumably public) and get it set
<https://www.iana.org/assignments/cose/cose.xhtml>  IANA COSE registry.

- Use an identifier in the private range and publish it only in FIDO docs.

LL

On Feb 13, 2018, at 5:27 AM, Yuriy Ackermann <yu...@fidoalliance.org