Well I found the note on making that directory I missed, my bad, but that still doesn't fix the issue. As a double check I blew permissions on that directory wide open and I still get the service unavailable issue.

:/var/cosign$ ls -la
total 12
drwxr-xr-x  3 root     root 4096 Feb 25 23:06 .
drwxr-xr-x 15 root     root 4096 Feb 25 23:06 ..
drwxrwxrwx  2 www-data root 4096 Feb 25 23:06 filter

date command returns proper time as expected in proper time zone.

Any other ideas?

Yadin

  Yadin Flammer - Systems Administrator
  College of Arts&  Architecture, Penn State University
  228 Borland Building              Office Phone: 814-865-0990
  University Park, PA 16802         Dept. Phone:  814-865-1571
  Email: y...@psu.edu               Dept. Fax:    814-863-6227