On March 6, 2013 13:02 , "Preeyakorn Slawski" <pt...@psu.edu> wrote:

I have deployed Cosign on BI Publisher successfully, but I still have to enable SSO to make it work.

To do so, I will have to enter the following information:

How to get user name: (The options are HTTP Header, HTTP Parameter, HTTP Cookie, Server Variable)

User Name Parameter:

How to get user locale: (The options are HTTP Header, HTTP Parameter, HTTP Cookie, Server Variable)

User Locale Parameter:

I guess HTTP Cookie is the option for both. Is that correct?

What should I enter as User Name Parameter and User Locale Parameter?

No, cosign does not store any sensitive/valuable information in cookies. This is one of the benefits of cosign.

The cosign module will set the server variable REMOTE_USER to be the username of the authenticated user. The IP address of the remote user -- which can be used to determine the user's locale unless the user is using a proxy or VPN -- is given by the REMOTE_ADDR server variable, if you are using Apache HTTP Server. (If this is not what you mean by "user locale", please be more specific).

--
  Mark Montague
  m...@catseye.org