Ah, I figured that's what the monster process did, but I guess that only does
stuff on the central login stuff in daemon? Thanks, I'll check out the readme.

Chris

Mark Montague <m...@catseye.org> wrote:

On May 15, 2013 2:38 , Chris Hecker <chec...@d6.com> wrote:
> I'm running cosignd and monster, and everything is working fine and has
> been for years, but I just noticed the filter directory is filling up
> with files. It's got 33k files in it already, from the past couple
> years, so I'm assuming things are never getting deleted.

For every machine that runs mod_cosign, including the central weblogin
servers, you need to have a cron job that deletes old files from the
filter directory. This is alluded to in the README file:

> See README.scripts for a cron job that prunes old cookies from the
> filter's database

I think this could be more explicit.

Here's the script I use, which is a little different than what is
included in scripts/cron/cleanup:

$ cat /etc/cron.hourly/cosign
#!/bin/bash
[ -d /var/cosign/filter ] || exit 0
/usr/bin/find /var/cosign -type f -mtime +0 | /usr/bin/xargs /bin/rm -f
$

You'll need a similar script to clean up old Kerberos tickets from your
tickets directory.

--
Mark Montague
m...@catseye.org