The man page for cosign.conf explains the "Unable to connect to guest
account database" error:

       The keyword passwd is used to control password based authentication
 of
       a user using the Kerberos and MySQL internal authenticators. Where
this
       keyword is not specified, usernames containing an ’@’ are
authenticated
       through mysql, all other usernames are authenticated with Kerberos.

Are you using the "passwd" directive in your cosign.conf?
If so, what do the entries look like?

Liam