Thanks, that's a very helpful response. Also nice to know there's
active maintenance of Cosign itself happening at Penn, since that's
where we are called upon to use it.

While I've got your attention, I'm curious whether there's a single
document anywhere that documents the protocol that the Apache cosign
module actually implements. Currently there is no implementation in
node.js, or for nginx, so we're stuck using Apache as a proxy for
cosign projects only. We've already written a node implementation of
CAS, and I'm curious whether the cosign protocol - or the part of it
that is really used and needed for hosting a site, not a trust source
- is similarly straightforward or has hidden cryptographic depths. (: