Interesting. In the CAS scheme, the login server redirects the browser
back to the client website, with a unique ticket. The client website
then calls back to the login server to verify the ticket is
legitimate, and the login server responds with the username and other
metadata.

Since the login server never redirects with a ticket to any site but
one of its whitelisted client websites, and always with https, and the
client website always uses https to call back to the login server, I
don't see a risk of man-in-the-middle attack there so far. But I could
be missing something.

--

THOMAS BOUTELL, DEV & OPS
P'UNK AVENUE | (215) 755-1330  |  punkave.com