Thanks - I've submitted a bug report, hopefully to the right place.

https://sourceforge.net/p/cosign/bugs/16/

-geoff
On 18 Feb 2015, at 15:26, Jorj Bauer <j...@isc.upenn.edu> wrote:

> The site's back as of a few minutes ago. (Apologies for interruption,
> everyone; migrating to github has been a bit rocky.)
>
> -- Jorj
>

> On Feb 18, 2015, at 5:28 AM, LEE Geoffrey <g....@ed.ac.uk> wrote:
>
>> Hi Folks,
>>
>> I recently noticed a few things while auditing one of our web applications
>> for XSS vulnerabilities.
>>
>> 1. The Cosign filter in version 3.2 supports setting the HttpOnly flag on
>> service cookies
>> 2. This option isn't documented anywhere I can find (though it's mentioned
>> in the release notes) [1]
>> 3. It's not enabled by default
>>
>> Given that stealing a user's service cookie via XSS provides an attacker
>> with the ability to log into $service for as long as that user's cosign
>> session is active, is there any reason why this feature is not enabled by
>> default in the filter and server?
>>
>> Is the lack of documentation a bug, or is the feature not considered
>> complete for some reason?
>>
>> Thanks for any clarification - if a bug report would be more
>> useful/appropriate I'll submit one as soon as the site comes back :-)
>>
>> -geoff
>>

>> 1. Readable on
>> http://sourceforge.net/projects/cosign/files/cosign/cosign-3.2.0/
>> ___________________________________
>> * NB: I do not work Wednesday PM *
>>
>> Geoff Lee <g....@ed.ac.uk>
>> Senior Computing Officer
>> Edinburgh College of Art
>> University of Edinburgh
>> Hunter Building,
>> Lauriston Place,
>> Edinburgh, Scotland,
>> EH8 9DF
>> Tel: +44 (0)131 650 2341
>> Twitter: @eca_it
>> ___________________________________
>>

>> --

___________________________________
* NB: I do not work Wednesday PM *

Geoff Lee <g....@ed.ac.uk>
Senior Computing Officer
Edinburgh College of Art
University of Edinburgh
Hunter Building,
Lauriston Place,
Edinburgh, Scotland,
EH8 9DF
Tel: +44 (0)131 650 2341
Twitter: @eca_it

Scotland, with registration number SC005336.