We solve that in our own installation with a default rule that uses regular
expressions:
service cosign-(.*)                  https://$1.umich.edu/cosign/valid  0
 (.*)\.umich.edu        cosign-$1

The server running www.umich.edu has a service name of cosign-www. Users
are redirected to https://www.umich.edu/cosign/valid. The servers use their
www.umich.edu certificate to connect back to cosignd. That means new
services can join the Cosign SSO without any changes on the Cosign side.

Brian Rahn