I have checked with the FamilySearch.org people on this situation. The
answer I received was that not all records will be restricted to viewing at
a Family History Center. Those restricted are because of copyright issues.

They also stated that ALL films have been fully digitized but not all are
available as yet. On September 1st, all be released.

Hope this clarifies the issue.

Jim


Jim McKane
South Bruce Peninsula, Ontario

On Tue, Aug 8, 2017 at 8:56 AM, Boyd Gray <boydgra...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Folks,
>
> You will probably all be aware that the LDS aare not going to be sending
> out any more microfilms to their Family History Centres as of the end of
> this month.  They say that all their records will soon be digitised so the
> microfilms are redundant.  I doubt this is precisely true and we will not
> be looking at the Tithe Applotment Books online any time soon, or indeed
> many other records currently available on microfilm.  Luckily, some of the
> most useful documents for County Tyrone research are already held in
> microfilm format in Derry Family History Centre.
>
> These are the films that I have paid to be held permanently at the Family
> History Centre in Derry. The Abercorn Papers are a detailed set of land and
> rent records dating back beyond the Griffiths Valuation and the Tithe
> Applotment Books well back into the 18thCentury. As such, they are
> invaluable to genealogists. As well as names and maps, they sometimes
> contain margin notes written by Abercorn’s agents which are of immense
> genealogical value such as how people are related to each other.
>
>
> Lord Abercorn held land in both Donegal and Tyrone. I am sure that in the
> past, the FHS website included the names of townlands covered by each
> microfilm but this is certainly not the case now. This means one has to
> make do with the descriptions below which are based on manors. There is no
> easy reference source to indicate which townlands are in which manors that
> I know of at this time.
>
>
> *1. Film: 1752004*
>
>
> D623/C/4/2-4 Rent account book for the Manor of Strabane, Co. Tyrone
> 1809-1833 Rent account bookfor the Manor of Donelong, Co. Tyrone 1794-1832
>
> Family History Library
>
> British Film
>
> 1752004 Items 1-3
>
>
> Abercorn papers
>
> Abercorn, JamesHamilton, Duke of, 1811-1885
>
> Items 1-3         D 623/C/4/2-4 Rent account book for theManor of
> Strabane, Co. Tyrone 1809-1833 Rent account book for the Manor ofDonelong,
> Co. Tyrone 1794-1832
>
>
> *2. Film: 1752007*
>
>
> D623/C/4/9 (cont.)Rent accounts for the Donegal estate 1810-1833
>
> Family History Library
>
> British Film
>
> 1752007 Item 1
>
> D623/C/4/10 Rent account book for the Manors of Strabane, Cloghogle, and
> Derrygoon, Co. Tyrone1832-1838
>
> Family History Library
>
> British Film
>
> 1752007 Item 2
>
> D623/C/4/11 Rent account book for the Manor of Donelong, Co. Tyrone, and
> for the Donegal estate1832-1838 MISSING, NOT FILMED
>
> Family History Library
>
> British Film
>
> 1752007 Item 3
>
> D623/C/4/12 Rent account book for the Manor of Strabane, Co. Tyrone
> 1839-1857
>
> Family History Library
>
> British Film
>
> 1752007 Item 4
>
>
> Abercorn papers
>
> Abercorn, James Hamilton, Duke of, 1811-1885
>
> Item 1 D623/C/4/9 (cont.) Rent accounts for the Donegal estate 1810-1833
>
> Item 2 D623/C/4/10 Rent account book for the Manors of Strabane,
> Cloghogle, and
>
> Derrygoon, Co. Tyrone1832-1838
>
> Item 3 D623/C/4/11 Rent account book for the Manor of Donelong, Co.
> Tyrone, and for the Donegal estate 1832-1838 MISSING, NOT FILMED
>
> Item 4 D623/C/4/12 Rent account book for the Manor of Strabane, Co. Tyrone
> 1839-1857
>
>
> *3. Film: 1752008*
>
>
> D623/C/4/12 (cont.)Rent account book for the Manor of Strabane, Co. Tyrone
> 1839-1857
>
> Family History Library
>
> British Film
>
> 1752008 Item 1
>
> D623/C/4/13 Rent account book for the Manor of Donelong, Co. Tyrone
> 1839-1857
>
> Family History Library
>
> British Film
>
> 1752008 Item 2
>
> D623/C/4/14 Rent account book for the manor of Cloghogle, Co. Tyrone
> 1838-1857
>
> Family History Library
>
> British Film
>
> 1752008 Item 3
>
> D623/C/4/15 Rent account book for the Manor of Derrygoon, Co. Tyrone
> 1838-1857
>
> Family History Library
>
> British Film
>
> 1752008 Item 4
>
>
> Abercorn papers
>
> Abercorn, JamesHamilton, Duke of, 1811-1885
>
> Item 1 D623/C/4/12 (cont.) Rent account book for the Manor of Strabane,
> Co. Tyrone 1839-1857
>
> Item 2 D623/C/4/13 Rent account book for the Manor of Donelong, Co. Tyrone
> 1839-1857
>
> Item 3 D623/C/4/14 Rent account book for the manor of Cloghogle, Co.
> Tyrone 1838-1857
>
> Item 4 D623/C/4/15 Rent account book for the Manor of Derrygoon, Co.
> Tyrone 1838-185
>
>
>
> *4.  Film: 175224*
>
>
> D623/C/4/1 Rent account book for the manor of Strabane, Co. Tyrone
> 1794-1810
>
> Family History Library
>
> British Film
>
> 1752224 Item 1
>
> D623/C/4/22 Rent account book for the Manor of Strabane, Co. Tyrone
> 1877-1903
>
> Family History Library
>
> British Film
>
> 1752224 Item 2
>
> D623/C/4/23 Rent account book for the town and townparks of Strabane
> 1875-1903
>
> Family History Library
>
> British Film
>
> 1752224 Item 3
>
>
> Abercorn papers
>
> Abercorn, James Hamilton, Duke of, 1811-1885
>
> Item 1 D623/C/4/1 Rent account book for the manor of Strabane, Co. Tyrone
> 1794-1810
>
> Item 2 D623/C/4/22 Rent account book for the Manor of Strabane, Co. Tyrone
> 1877-1903
>
> Item 3 D623/C/4/23 Rent account book for the town and townparks of
> Strabane 1875-1903
>
>
> *5. Film: 1885919*
>
>
> Family History Library
>
> British Film
>
> 1885919 Item 1
>
> D623/D1/1-6 Irish estate maps & surveys: Brief of survey of Donelong Manor
> & the four townlands of Donaghedy Parish, ca. 1670. Map & survey of
> Ballymagorry, ca.1710. Maps of Magavlin Manor, 1718. Down Survey of
> Leckpatrick, ca. 1720. Down Survey of Donaghedy, ca. 1720. Maps of
> townlands in Cloghogle Manor, Leckpatrick Parish, ca. 1720-1750. Maps of
> Derrygoon Manor, Ardstraw,1720-1750.
>
> Family History Library
>
> British Film
>
> 1885919 Items 2-8
>
> D623/D1/7-12 Irish estate maps & valuations: Map of Edaymore & Cananboe,
> ca. 1850. Maps of Cloghogle Manor, 1756. Maps of Donelong Manor, 1756.
> Survey of Strabane Manor, ca. 1756. Survey of part of Derrygoon Manor,ca.
> 1756.
>
> Family History Library
>
> British Film
>
> 1885919 Items 9-13
>
>
> Abercorn papers
>
> Abercorn, James Hamilton, Duke of, 1811-1885
>
> Item 1 D623/C/18/9 (cont.) London & Bentley Priory tradesmen's accounts,
> 1865-1866.
>
> Items 2-8         D623/D1/1-6 Irish estate maps &surveys: Brief of survey
> of Donelong Manor & the four townlands of Donaghedy Parish, ca. 1670. Map &
> survey of Ballymagorry, ca. 1710. Maps of Magavlin Manor, 1718. Down Survey
> of Leckpatrick, ca. 1720. Down Survey of Donaghedy, ca. 1720. Maps of
> townlands in Cloghogle Manor, Leckpatrick Parish,ca. 1720-1750. Maps of
> Derrygoon Manor, Ardstraw, 1720-1750.
>
> Items 9-13       D623/D1/7-12 Irish estate maps &valuations: Map of
> Edaymore & Cananboe, ca. 1850. Maps of Cloghogle Manor,1756. Maps of
> Donelong Manor, 1756. Survey of Strabane Manor, ca. 1756. Survey of part of
> Derrygoon Manor,ca. 1756.
>
>
> *6. Film: 1885920*
>
>
> D623/D1/14-20 Irish estate maps & valuations:Survey of Derrygoon Manor
> (partof), ca. 1756.Comments on Liskey, Clonleagh, 1765. Survey of Dernalebe
> & Skinboy, ca.1775. Maps of the Abercorn estate in the manors of Donelong,
> Strabane, Cloghogle, & Derrygoon, in Tyrone, 1777, and Magavlin & Lismoghry
> in Donegal, 1781. Valuations of Manors of Strabane, Cloghogle and
> Derrygoon, 1777.Value of Strabane fields,1799.
>
> Family History Library
>
> British Film
>
> 1885920 Items 1-8
>
> D623/D1/21,23-27 Irish estate maps and valuations: Map of Baronscourt
> Park, 1800. Maps of the manors of Strabane, Cloghogle, and Donelong, 1806.
> Maps of the manors of Magavlin and Lismulmagh [sic],1806. Valuation of
> Ardstraw churchlands (See of Derry), 1807.
>
> Family History Library
>
> British Film
>
> 1885920 Items 9-15
>
>
> Abercorn papers
>
> Abercorn, James Hamilton, Duke of, 1811-1885
>
> Items 1-8         D623/D1/14-20 Irish estate maps & valuations:Survey of
> Derrygoon Manor (partof), ca. 1756. Comments on Liskey, Clonleagh, 1765.
> Survey of Dernalebe & Skinboy, ca. 1775. Maps of theAbercorn estate in the
> manors of Donelong, Strabane, Cloghogle, & Derrygoon, in Tyrone, 1777, and
> Magavlin & Lismoghry in Donegal, 1781.Valuations of Manors of Strabane,
> Cloghogle and Derrygoon, 1777. Value of Strabane fields,1799.
>
> Items 9-15       D623/D1/21,23-27 Irish estate maps andvaluations: Map of
> Baronscourt Park, 1800. Maps of the manors of Strabane, Cloghogle, and
> Donelong, 1806. Maps of the manors of Magavlin and Lismulmagh
> [sic],1806.Valuation of Ardstraw churchlands (See of Derry), 1807.
>
> Happy hunting!
>
> Boyd
>
> https://www.facebook.com/westulstergenealogy/
>
> http://familytrees.genopro.com/boydgray26/Boyd/
>
> _______________________________________________
> CoTyroneList mailing list
> CoTyroneList@cotyroneireland.com
> http://mail.cotyroneireland.com/mailman/listinfo/
> cotyronelist_cotyroneireland.com
>
>
_______________________________________________
CoTyroneList mailing list
CoTyroneList@cotyroneireland.com
http://mail.cotyroneireland.com/mailman/listinfo/cotyronelist_cotyroneireland.com

Reply via email to