________________________________
From: CoTyroneList <cotyronelist-boun...@cotyroneireland.com> on behalf of
Katie Green <greeng...@charter.net>
Sent: Friday, April 20, 2018 7:00:57 AM
To: CoTyroneList@cotyroneireland.com

On Thu, Apr 19, 2018 at 1:20 PM, Katie Green
<greeng...@charter.net<mailto:greeng...@charter.net>> wrote:
This is an interesting mailing to me because there are a couple of Devlin
marriages listed. The Devlins were almost universally Catholic, although “my”
Hugh Devlin married Olivia Stinson, almost surely a Presbyterian, in Arboe in
1835. In Ontario after they emigrated they attended the Catholic Cathedral in
St. Catherine’s and all family births, etc. were registered there. Another set
of my ancestors from Dublin were Catholic and Protestant and fled the wrath of
parents to Quebec at about the same time (1830s)... and the breach was never
healed. They, too, registered as Catholic in Canada— I assume since in both
cases the husbands were Catholic and also the Cathollic Church was a stickler
about their rules. My question is: does anyone out there know what the
prevailing attitudes were in Tyrone and/or Dublin about “mixed” marriages at
various time periods?

Katie Green
On Apr 19, 2018, at 7:10 AM, Jim McKane <j...@mckane.ca<mailto:j...@mckane.ca>>