Dear Len and other knowledgeable Listers

I know that a Protestant/Roman Catholic marriage would not have gone down
well in the north of Ireland.  What about the son of a Church of Ireland
minister in Drumquin (near Omagh) marrying a Presbyterian circa 1839?  This
was the case with my Pilkington forebears, or so I suspect without firm
evidence.  I believe Presbyterians were agitating against compulsory
tithing and a strict, traditional minded established church minister may
have seen his son marrying a different sort of Protestant as being just as
bad as a Roman Catholic.  Does this sound right to you?

Finally - thank you for the constant supply of information you keep posting
on this site. It is greatly appreciated.

Regards

Bob Spiller
Lade Vale
NSW Australia