________________________________
From: CoTyroneList <cotyronelist-boun...@cotyroneireland.com> on behalf of
barry woolner <barrywool...@hotmail.com>
Sent: Saturday, April 28, 2018 11:56:54 AM
To: cotyronelist@cotyroneireland.com

I have an ancestor James Kinsley, who on the 1851 census, gives his birthplace
as Omagh. He is in Newcastle at this time with his wife Mary and children. The
oldest child is eight.   There is a James Kinsley in the 1841 census living in
Huddersfield, with a wife Mary, mother ? Juley and no children. I can't find
any other trace of Juley. There is also a James in Liverpool in 1841 of similar
age. I also have an Edward Kinsley joining the 69th Foot Regiment in Leeds in
1846. He gives his birthplace as Ballygawley. He also gives his occupation as a
shoemaker, the same as James did. I am guessing they are brothers. It seems
very few of the records for Omagh have survived. I have been through the Tyrone
website and I have found a couple of Kinsley's, none of them seem related. I
have also found some McKinley's. I gather lots of Irish people changed their
names after emigrating? My mother was a Kinsley and is still around at 83.
Would be nice to tell her some more about her ancestor. Any ideas on how I can
find out any more about them?

Regards (from a balmy 41 degree celsius day in Port Hedland) Barry