South Africa

From: CoTyroneList <cotyronelist-boun...@cotyroneireland.com> On Behalf Of . .
via CoTyroneList
Sent: 20 May 2019 05:10 AM
To: cotyronelist@cotyroneireland.com; suzanne.pi...@bigpond.com
Cc: . . <suzanne.pi...@bigpond.com>
Oritor, County Tyrone.

Hi Team

I have recently subscribed to the email list so apologies if what I am asking
is not what this list is designed for..

My name is Sue Piper.  My great great grandmother was Matilda Yarrow who
immigrated to Australia from Oritor County Tyrone in 1842. Matilda arrived with
her 2 sisters , Margaret and Eliza. Their father is listed as Mathew Yarrow
(bootmaker)  and mother as Margaret or (Anne) Yarrow (née Nobbs   as stated on
the death certificate I have for Matilda). I have been trying to find
information about Matilda, her siblings and her parents to see where they came
from ( if they immigrated to Ireland from elsewhere -Scotland perhaps??).

I have found reference to a Mathew Yarrow on the Tithe Aplotments register in
1826 for Kildress  and was wondering if this is the same person. I have checked
John Grenham and there is no Mathew Yarrow mentioned so i have no idea when he
passed away - or why the sisters shipped to Australia in 1842 (seems for work
however).

I am travelling to Ireland in mid June but will not have time to get to Tyrone.

Hoping you can point me in the right direction?

Kindest rehgards

Sue Piper