Hello everyone,

My name is Tania Margaret Sharkey.  I live in Auckland, New Zealand.

My father William Sharkey was born on 24 January 1917 and the documents I have
for him record that he was born in Strabane, County Tyrone.

My grandparents were Henry Sharkey and Mary/Martha/Margaret Sharkey (née
Brown).  From recent information received, I understand they are buried in
Leckpatrick Presbyterian Cemetery.  I understand my grandfather was born on 8
February 1889 and died in 1966 and my grandmother was born in 1885 and died in
1930.

I do know that my father had many siblings: George, Ann, Martha (Molly), Sally,
Harry, Florence.

I understand my father and his siblings attended Ballylaw Primary School.

I do not know much about my Irish heritage.  My father was 63 when I was born
and I was 7 years old when he passed away.  He did not leave much information
behind about his family.

If anyone should have any information I would be truly grateful.  I am
traveling to Ireland in September 2019 to visit County Tyrone and the cemetery
where my grandparents are buried.  I would love to find where Ballylaw Primary
was and if I can find the home where my father was raised (or area) or any
documents relating to the family.

Thank you.

Yours faithfully

Tania Sharkey
Barrister

Friendship Chambers
Level 2, Friendship House, 20 Putney Way, Manukau City
P O Box 76 616 / DX EP75505, Manukau 2104

Tel:      +64 9 263 0668<tel:+64%209%20263%200668>
Fax:     +64 9 263 0669<tel:+64%209%20263%200669>