Donna,

Your family may not be easy to trace. Both Mary & Elizabeth were almost
certainly born before the start of statutory birth registration (1864) and
so you won’t get birth certificates for them. You need to rely on church
records for baptisms before 1864. Not all those records have survived and
of the ones that do exist, not all are on-line. So you may have to go to
PRONI and search there (or get someone else to do that for you if you
can’t).

Tradition was to marry in the bride’s church (after which she’d attend her
husband’s). However in this case one girl married in the Presbyterian
church and the other in the Church of Ireland, so we don’t even have a
clear steer on what denomination they were.

The only hint I can give you is that both women named their first daughters
Maggie. Tradition was to name the first daughter after the mother’s mother.
So that hints that John Burrows wife was Maggie/Margaret. Not much to go on.

I see from the marriage certificates that in 1874 John was described as a
caretaker and in 1888 as a labourer.  Labourers moved around a lot, to
follow the available work, and can be difficult to trace. I looked in
Griffiths Valuation for Tyrone in 1860. There are 3 John Burrows listed but
all were farmers, so not your family.

Probably all you can do is get someone to go through all the Church of
Ireland and Presbyterian records for Tyrone in PRONI, to see if they can
spot these two baptisms. There’s 43 parishes, so I’d say there will be
about 100 churches. Not all will have records for the period you need (some
Church of Ireland records were destroyed in the 1922 fire) but it’s still
quite a lot of records to go through.

Elwyn