Kai Stannigel writes:

Hi,

I have a problem regarding shared folders with courier-imap. I'd like to
have the following:

1.) A couple of Unix-Users (users with shell-login) are supposed to take
care of a common mailbox.
2.) I need global "seen"-flags on the messages in the common mailbox
3.) All users are supposed to be able to do everything (including
deleting messages that someone else moved to a folder, creating new
subfolders etc.)

I've been trying a lot but wasn't able to find a satisfying solution
yet. First the choice is whether I have to use filesystem based shared
folders or virtual shared folders.

According to README.sharedfolders.html filesystem based shared folders
do not satisfy the third requirement. In addition I read on this list
that they don't satisfy point (2) as well.

Correct.

That seems to leave virtual shared folders. So here's my main question:
Is it possible for Users with login-accounts to access virtual shared
folders?

No, because all virtual shared folders will presumably use a different uid/gid that's reserved for virtual mail accounts, and thus will be unaccessible to the IMAP server that runs under the system account's uid/gid.