Hello everyone,

At work, we have a middle term project (planned for this summer) to migrate
all mail to a newer server. This implies changing the authentication scheme
(this I can handle, after all _I_ will make the authentication scheme and
have prior experience with Courier IMAP) and the mailboxes --- and it's this
latter point which causes me headaches.

The situation is as such: for now we use uw-imapd, which stores the INBOX in
the MAIL environment variable, which is setup to /var/spool/mail/$USER. For
the subdirectories, everything is stored in $HOME/mail for each user (so, for
instance, a mailbox named Test in the IMAP tree would be in an mbox file
named $HOME/mail/Test).

I know programs to convert from mailboxes to Maildirs exist (I have even used
one at some occasion, with success). But the problem here is that the INBOX
and the subdirectories are _not_ located at the same place, so I cannot use
this tool to migrate both the INBOX and subdirectorires separately - or can
I?

Would you have any suggestions on how I can achieve this? I'm at a loss here
and would appreciate any pointers, even if it's the RTFM kind of pointers.

Thanks,
--
Francis Galiegue, [EMAIL PROTECTED]
12bis rue de la Pierre Levée, 75011 PARIS